1. Impersonations of another member's character(s) is not allowed. Impersonation is a form of power-playing and is not tolerated on this site, and after the first time you will receive one warning before being suspended from the site for a designated amount of time.
2. The second form of power-playing is doing something another person's character(s) can't come back from; similar to impersonating, it is where your character(s) does something that either kills or cripples the other cat/animal. Example; Flamewing dug his claws into Harestring's shoulder, ripping tendons and cracking the bone. Pinning the she-cat to the ground he buried his fangs into her neck, snapping veins with blood spurting around his face. Battling isn't the only form this is used in, but it is the most common, so do your best to avoid it. Same warning/suspension tactics from rule #1 apply.
3. Next up is mating; here, yes you are allowed to role-play it, but it must be very low on description, take place somewhere nice and secluded [or less active than other places], and you must role-play what happens afterward until you can no longer see your original posts. This brings another rule to mind; cats do not fall in love instantly. They must have crushes first, get to know the other better, etc. before they are allowed to be mates. Only up to five kits per litter, and one litter per one real life month, or four weeks. After four weeks of being [active] kits, they may become apprentices. Breaking this rule will result in immediate suspension and/or deletion of your kits.
4. Battling. Everyone knows it can be a very bloody affair, but my goodness people, we don't have to go overboard with it! The books didn't speak of guts spilling and hearts being ripped out, and nor should we. This is a PG-13 rated site, and most young people don't want to see this kind of thing. A bad example of fighting; Flamewing dug his claws into Harestring's shoulder, ripping tendons and cracking the bone. Pinning the she-cat to the ground he buried his fangs into her neck, snapping veins with blood spurting around his face. *This is also used in rule #2. A good example is this; Flamewing pinned Harestring to the ground, claws scraping the she-cat's shoulders as he forced her face into the dirt. Sinking his fangs into her neck, he felt the warm metallic tang of blood on his tongue, the life energy began seeping out of the she-cat. This is both acceptable and gives the other cat [Harestring for this example] to fight back. You will receive two warnings before suspension.
5. We are an advanced role-playing site, and so we will accept nothing but role-play as if it were being published in a book. Granted, you can use either first-person or third-person point of view, but every post must look like this, with OOC talk in brackets like [ ] or ( ); Flamewing approached the border, his ears pressed forward and alert for the slightest of sounds. Narrowing his gaze, he searched the bracken ahead of him for any sign of intruders, white whiskers twitching as he scented for ShadowClan cats. They had been causing trouble as of late, and one could never be too sure. Willowstar had ordered that all patrols, even hunting ones, were to keep an eye out for any recent ShadowClan activity. Or look like this; I padded up to the border, my senses alert for any ShadowClan intruders. I had separated from my hunting party to chase down a squirrel earlier, which, quite to my annoyance slipped out of my grasp and up a tall oak tree at just the last second. Since I was so close to the border now, I thought back to earlier that morning, around dawn, when Willowstar ordered all patrols to keep an eye out for ShadowClan activity.
6. Ah, godmodders, mary-sues and gary-stus. How I loathe you. Any cats that are perfect in every way, or cannot be defeated in battle unless part of a prophecy will not be welcomed onto the site. If you do not know what either of these are, I suggest you look up 'mary-sue' on your favorite searching site, like Bing or Google. Godmodders, on the other hand, are less aggravating to explain about. They are cats who have their flaws, but when role-playing always win every battle, always know the answer to everything, are brave, kind, loyal and not afraid of anything even if they are a part of ThunderClan or RiverClan, etc. You as a person will not be deleted, but your characters most definitely will after one warning. If you push the fact that your character isn't a mary-sue/gary-stu/godmodder, then your character will be deleted.
7. Keep crippled, blind, deaf, etc. cats to a minimum. There will be a limit of one sensory crippled cat per Clan at one time, and physically crippled may only become crippled from serious events that take place during role-play. Do not join as any sort of crippled cat without explicit permission! Leaders, deputies and warriors are not allowed to have any sort of deficiency either, as it is terribly unlikely for a badly crippled cat to make it into these ranks, in fact impossible according to the books.
8. Spamming; we can all agree that this is stupid, annoying and unnecessary. Spamming would include OOC posts with absolute nonsense in them, long OOC discussions, one-word posts or OOC posts that are not contained within brackets. Another form of spamming, though not as serious, is popping up in a chatbox and crying out, 'First to post!' or anything similar. Upon breaking this rule you shall receive three warnings before being suspended.
9. Let me repeat; this is a PG-13 rated site, and as such no adult content will be displayed or linked to on this site! In fact, don't even suggest any nasty things. There will be younger audiences viewing the site, and you will never know if one is watching or not. Cussing is not allowed, either, unless it is a word like 'damn', 'moron', 'crap', 'hell', or a term used in the warrior cats series. If you create an account with sexual or adult content, it will be deleted and you shall be banned. Breaking this rule will lead to immediate deletion of your characters, no matter what rank, and permanent banishment.
10. Advertising, sometimes considered spam, sometimes considered 'inviting'. I will admit, I have even used the inviting excuse before, but I will not put up with that on my own site. There is a perfectly good advertising box on the home page, free for anyone to use. I would prefer to have only those role-playing here on TWCS than have a random anonymous pop up, post there and leave, but it would be easiest for just anyone to advertise sites.
11. You may only have one power-spot to your name; that is, you can only have one character that is either deputy or leader. For medicine cats, you can only have one character of that rank, even if you already have a leader. If we get more people to join though, this rule will change so that you may only have one character that is either med cat, med cat apprentice, leader or deputy. Deputies and medicine cat apprentices are chosen by the leader/medicine cat.
12. Be active and enjoy the site! This is one of the most important rules. When the roleplay is sluggish and no one is ever on, people lose interest and leave the site. It's the same reason I closed the first TWCS down in the first place, so please, do your best to stay active. If you are inactive or haven't posted for over two weeks, we will skip your turn to post and continue roleplaying. After a one month period of being inactive, you will be suspended from the site until you get back on and request to join again and promise to be active. If you fail to do so the second time, you will be deleted along with your characters. Any inactive time you spend will be excused if you tell me BEFOREHAND that you will be gone. Serious and sudden incidents that you are not prepared for will not be included in this, and you will be given as much time as you need to recover.
First up, we have names- choosing names should be rather easy. The beginning of the name usually consists of something like cloud, fern, rock, something in the territory of whatever Clan you are in, or even a color that describes what the cat looks like. The ending of the name is usually something like claw, fur, pelt, eye, etc. or some part of nature or other animals. Examples; Flamewing, Harestring, Blackbirch, Swiftbreeze, and Petalstar if you are a leader. All leaders' names end with 'star'. These are usually more basic names, but complicated names like Dragonjaw, Ivoryswipe, and Steelmarrow are perfectly fine as well.
Next on our list are 'StarClan' and the 'Dark Forest'. StarClan cats do NOT have the power of reincarnation, only the ability to walk in the dreams of cats and give prophecies. Note; not all prophecies are huge, and you can suggest smaller plots on the Prophecies page, as well as ideas for site-wide or Clan-specific prophecies. The members of the Dark Forest can walk in dreams as well; but only when I approve of it. Not everyone can secretly be training there, it would just be stupid. Otherwise the Dark Forest cats have no special powers, except maybe for their fighting skills.
Thirdly; this site role-play takes place at the forest, before the Lake, before Firepaw or Pinestar, Hailstar, etc., but some time after SkyClan left. The fifth Clan is still spoken of in legends by the elders, though even those stories are becoming rare. It also appears that ShadowClan has started a new reputation of being more cunning and deceitful; possibly a challenge against the cats of WindClan.
Natural disasters like droughts, floods, fires, tornadoes etc are very big deals and cause tons of damage to Clan territories and, occasionally, the camps themselves. Before you can bring something like this into action, you must first discuss it with an admin, and be prepared to answer the following questions; is it part of a prophecy? How far will it spread/how long will it last? How much damage will it wreak? Is anyone going to die in it? Where will it first appear/what will cause it? Similar rules stand for things like dog pack/rogue cat Clan attacks.
Code of the Clans
1. Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
2. Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.
3. Elders, Queens, and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders. If any warrior or apprentice is sick or injured, they may eat while the elders, queens, and kits are eating.
4. Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
5. A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
6. Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
7. A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.
8. The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies or retires.
9. After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh.
10. A Gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.
11. Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
12. No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.
13. The word of the Clan leader is the warrior code.
14. An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his/her battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.